Thursday, August 29, 2013

Face Of The Day



I had some new products that I wanted to try out to see what kind of look I could create.  Here is what I used:

Face - Live Love Dew Sheer Dew Face Cream, Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer - 001, Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles - Brightener, Maybelline Instant Eraser Dark Circles - Neutralizer, NYX Born To Glow Liquid Illuminator -Gleam, NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face - Sunny, NYX Powder Blush - PB29 Amber, Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Pencil - 018 Addiction, NYX Matte Lipstick - MLS11 Tea Rose

Eyes - E.L.F. Eyelid Primer, Urban Decay Stardust Shadow - Moon Spoon, E.L.F Baked Shadow - Dusk, Rimmel Glam Eyes HD -005 English Rose, Urban Decay 24/7 Slide On Pencil- 1999, Maybelline The Rocket Mascara - Black, Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume Waterproof - Very Black, Maybelline Define-A-Brow Pencil - Medium Brown, Maybelline Great Lash Clear.

When using a glittery shade, as I did on the lid, I recommend doing your eye makeup first.  This will avoid fall out on your foundation.  First, start with a primer.  I only paid $1 for this E.L.F. primer, and it does a great job.  So, take a flat eye shadow brush or applicator and pat the glittery color onto your lid.  If you swipe it, it will become a mess.  For the crease shade I used the E.LF. baked shadow.  I applied it dry, and you can see how pigmented it is.  I used a crease brush and applied this on the crease, focusing on the outer third.  The key here is blending.  If you end up blending too much, you can always go back and add a little more.  Especially with dark colors, if you don't blend, you will look like you painted on raccoon eyes.  Next, I took the lightest shade from my Rimmel glam eyes palette.  I applied it on my brow bone, and inner corners.  Again, blend out the lines.  This shade had a satin finish, but no shimmer.  Then, I applied my liner, on top and bottom lash line.  I followed with 3 coats of mascara.  One coat of the Cover Girl, and two of the Maybelline.    You do not have to use these exact colors.  Choose from a color palette that you own, and try your own look.  Just remember, use the medium shade on the lid, dark shade in the crease, and light shade on brow bone and inner corner.



Now moving on to the face, I applied a thin layer of my Rimmel primer over my moisturizer.  Next, I applied my foundation with my Sigma F80 brush.  Your foundation is so important.  If your skin doesn't look good, then nothing else will either.  So, take your time blending.  Bring it down onto your neck, and make sure you have the right shade for your skin.  I use my under eye concealer next.  First, I  used the Maybelline neutralizer.  I tapped that in with my fingers.  The warmth of the fingers, help melt the product into your skin.  After that, I used the Maybelline brightener.  When I use concealer, I apply it as an upside down triangle under my eyes, come down the face.  You can also apply it in a half moon shape, if you like.  I tap the the brightener in with my fingers as well.  Next, I used the NYX Liquid Illuminizer.  I applied a small amount with my fingers, onto the cheekbone.  This product gives a nice sheen to the skin, without the shimmer.  I applied this before blush or contour, because you want to use your cream products before your powder ones.  Otherwise, you can easily get a cake face.  Then, I applied my NYC Bronzer.  This is a great contour without any shimmer.  It's a steal too at only $2.99!  You can find this at most drugstores and discount stores.  I used my Real Techniques Contour brush for this application.  Many people are interested in contouring, but aren't sure how to do it.  It really is quite easy.  I apply my contour at the places on my face that I want to recede.  Highlight goes on the areas that you want to bring out, and contour on the places that you want to sink in.  The middle of your face should be highlighted, while the outside should be contoured.  So, think of contouring in a 3 shape.  Sweep contour on the forehead by the hairline.  Bring it down and do a line that starts at the hairline, above the ear, and bring the line half way out under your cheekbone.  Next, contour your jawline.  Starting at the bottom of the earlobe and bringing it toward the chin.  This will help if you have a slight double chin.  I also use an eyeshadow brush and contour the sides of my nose.  Using a highlight down the bridge of my nose.  When contouring, blending is your best friend, so go back and blend out any lines.  You don't want to look like you have war paint on your face!  Contouring and highlighting only takes a minute or two, but it makes a huge difference.  You don't have to do your entire face, like the diagram does.  It's up to you.  Then, I applied my NYX Blush to the apples of my cheeks, and blended it with my contour.  I powdered my face, after this step.  Moving on, I lined my lips and filled them in, then applied my lipstick....and voila, I'm done!



Doing a look like this, obviously takes more than a few minutes.  It is fun for an evening out or special event.  So, next time you want to do something a little special, give yourself some extra time, get a refreshing drink, turn on your music, and make some time for yourself.  As long as I'm not rushed, I really enjoy the getting ready process.  It relaxes me, and makes me feel better.  When you are confident about the way you look, you will automatically have a better day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment