Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My Nightly & Weekly Skin Care Routine

This past weekend, I spent part of my evening, doing what I typically do once a week....a skincare routine, to keep my complexion healthy and hydrated.  I have a nightly routine, but once a week I add an exfoliator, a cleansing mask, and a hair mask.  I did not include the hair mask in this post, because I will do a hair routine soon.  These are the products that I use:



-  Mirra Cleansing and Conditioning Cloths

-L'Oreal Revitalift Radiant Smoothing Cream Cleanser

-  Maybelline Expert Eyes Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover 

-  Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel -Pore Perfecting Toner

-  St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub 

-  Live Love Dew Lip Sugar Scrub

-  EOS Lip Balm - Lemon Drop

-  Freeman's Facial Clay Mask - Avocado & Oatmeal

For my nightly routine, I use the cleansing cloths to get most of my makeup off.  These are easy on the skin, and don't irritate me at all.  Then, I cleanse my skin with the L'Oreal Revitalift.  I remove my eye makeup, followed by the witch hazel.  I use this with a cotton pad.  I'm always surprised at how much dirt and makeup I get off with this step.  I apply a lip balm, and moisturizer before bed.  I like a thicker cream for overnight.  Once a week, I do all of the previous steps, plus I add a few extra.   I use the St. Ives scrub to exfoliate.  If I feel I need to, I will use this once or twice during the week as well.   I also do a lip scrub.  I have bigger lips, and they get dry quite easily, which gets very uncomfortable at times.  And last but not least, I use a clarifying mask.  I apply this all over my face and neck, and leave it on for 15 minutes.  Never forget  your neck with any of these steps.  No matter how well a woman ages, or how many cosmetic procedures she has, you will always be able to tell her age by her neck and hands.  So many women neglect these areas.  I do moisturize, day and night.  I did not list my moisturizer, because I am in the process of trying out some new products.  I will be reviewing them soon for you.

Skin care is not a one size fits all routine, it depends on your skin type, needs, and issues.  Do a little research.  Find out what products may work for you.  I am hoping to find some more natural products for myself.  I am always trying new things.  When I find something that works, I will update my skin care routine, and let  you know about my finds.

Feel free to message me about any upcoming posts that you would like to see.  Make yourself a priority today, and take a little time to take care of yourself.




No comments:

Post a Comment